Friday, November 12, 2010

Baked Bacon

Share |

Help Delectalicious! grow. If you like this post and find it useful please pass it along using your favorite social media service. Each time you share this post you help others discover Delectalicious! I hope you enjoy your time here today. Thank you for supporting this site! ~Shannon




The holidays are literally around the corner!  Will you be having a house full of people?  Or will you be visiting at someone else's house?  We all know what's for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, but what about breakfast.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all!  I love breakfast!  Breakfast for breakfast :-).  Or breakfast for dinner :-).  Something about eggs and bacon just sends my taste buds to a happy place.  


I have a little tip today on how to cook a large (or small) amount of bacon quickly and without standing over a grease splattering skillet.   I have ruined many a shirt cooking bacon.  In fact truth be told at one point in my life I quit cooking bacon and switched to sausage because bacon was such a pain in the behind to cook. 


Not anymore my friends!  Next time you have a house full of guests or are craving some bacon even if its just a few pieces.........BAKE IT!  Yes, that's right, put the bacon on a baking sheet with edges (lined with foil for easier cleanup). Preheat the oven to 400.  Bake until it is as crispy as you like.  I take after my mom when it comes to eating bacon.  We like it CRISPY!  Almost burnt.  So I usually bake for 20 to 30 minutes switching the top pan to the bottom and the bottom pan to the top at about the 15 minute mark.  


There you have it yummy yummy bacon without standing over the skillet or being burnt by the splattering grease!  And since you have all this free time while it's cooking you can whip up some eggs and biscuits.  How great is that!

Bacon for a crowd - hot out of the oven.

No limp bacon is allowed in our house!  It must be CRISPY!!


Bacon, Biscuits, and eggs.  Yummo!


Quote of the Day
Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.
~Robert Caspar Lintner


Cheers,
Shannon


Baked Bacon is linked up with the following blog parties.  Stop by and see what others have linked!
Brambleberry Cottage Time Travel Thursday
Prairie Story Recipe Swap Thursday
Tidy Mom
Designs by Gollum Foodie Friday
Simply Sweet Home Friday Favorites
Ekat's Kitchen Friday Potluck
Momtrends Food Friday

10 comments:

  1. Great tip! This is how I cook bacon too. And you're right about breakfast being important, especially during the holidays. You need energy to get through it all! BTW, did you see my new cookie jar from Hobby Lobby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alway bake my bacon. I hate the mess it makes on the stove. I use parchment paper on the bottom and top of the bacon in the oven. No mess. I am with you, it is the only way to eat bacon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome--perfect for the holiday entertaining season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I love the idea of baked bacon! Would you believe that I've never tried baking it? I cannot wait to try! Thanks for bringing home the bacon (sorry, couldn't resist) to Friday Potluck! Hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it the way you made it crispy, great idea...happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a healthy and splatter-free way to make bacon. I definitely prefer your method.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it crispy too. What a great idea. I've never tried to bake bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying lately to remember how to make bacon in the oven, as I hate frying it too. Thanks a million :D BTW, just found your blog and love it, I especially love the large print for my over 40 eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! :) I don't like limp bacon either. :)

    Does the bacon grease splatter all over your oven when you bake it? I've thought about trying it that way but haven't done so because I was concerned the grease would go all over my oven and make a mess.

    If you didn't have any problems with it doing that, I'll definitely try it like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila - I haven't had a problem with it splattering all over the oven that I know of. However, I must admit that I don't closely inspect the oven. I tend to drip and spill stuff more often than I would like. I just run the self clean function every now and then and call it good {giggles}. One tip a reader left was to cover the bacon with parchment paper to prevent splatters. (parchment paper can withstand temperatures up to 420) I haven't tried it, but it sounded like a good solution!

    Best of luck!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete