Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quote Junkie

Share |

Help Delectalicious! grow. If you like this post and find it useful please pass it along using your favorite social media service. Each time you share this post you help others discover Delectalicious! I hope you enjoy your time here today. Thank you for supporting this site! ~Shannon



There are times in life when quotes really keep me going.  A saying that makes me think, laugh, or go hmmm can really change the momentum of the day?  Sometimes I'm looking for inspiration or motivation. Sometimes about love or friendship. Sometimes about home and cooking. And the list goes on and on.


Do you have a favorite quote?  A quote your mom, grandmother, an author, or you have said that makes your day a little brighter.


This page was created for us to share our favorite quotes.  I would consider it an honor if you would take a minute and leave your favorite quote in the comments section below this post.   Then when we need that little something extra to get us through the day we can come back to this page and find just what we're looking for.


I will also randomly select shared quotes for the closing of each post on Delectalicious!  It is very important to me to credit you for sharing so be sure to include a link to your blog/website if you have one.  


Here are a few of my favorites to get us started.


Gratitude is the best Attitude ~Author Unknown

What is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
   and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
   and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better,
   whether by a healthy child, a garden 
   patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier
   because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded   ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted ~Aesop

This too shall pass ~ my mom (and Proverbs)

I'm looking forward to reading your favorite quotes!

Gratefully,
Shannon








2 comments:

  1. I'm a quote freak! I have a huge list of quotes that I love to re-read whenever I need something to change the direction of my day.
    I especially love humorous 1's...
    Shall I leave 20 or so? JK

    "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."-Abraham Lincoln

    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."-W.C. Fields

    "I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."-Mark Twain

    "In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
    -Gordon B. Hinckley

    "Never miss a good chance to shut up." -Will Rogers

    Ok, I swear, that is the last one. I love this post and hope more people will join in Great idea!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. God wants us to move through this day with a quiet heart and a peaceful certainty that our lives are in His hands. --quote from Roy Lessin. (Tammy Kutscher)

    ReplyDelete