Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sausage and Peppers

Share |

Help Delectalicious! grow. If you like this post and find it useful please pass it along using your favorite social media service. Each time you share this post you help others discover Delectalicious! I hope you enjoy your time here today. Thank you for supporting this site! ~Shannon


November 2009 my neighbor had a little get together.  Among the many things she made was sausage and peppers.  I had never ever had sausage and peppers so I had to give it a try.  OMG! it was delicious.  Since the holidays were just around the corner and I was crazy busy I never got around to making it before my annul new years resolution of dieting arrived, LOL.  So I filed away the dinner in the back of my mind and in late September of this year my subconcious mind started telling me to get busy and whip this up.  I spoke to my friend and she graciously gave me the low down on how to make it.  Thanks "P" - love you forever ;-).

I cannot even put into words how good this is!  The sauce permeates the sausage and they just melt in your mouth. It's one of those times your eyes will roll back in your head and your taste buds will be jumping for joy.

What you'll need
2 lbs of Italian Sausage (sweet or spicy)
48 ounce jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce
6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 large green pepper thinly sliced
1 large onion thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Cooked pasta or sandwich rolls
Fresh grated parmesan cheese


Put the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, green pepper, onion, and Italian seasoning in a crockpot.  Stir to combine. 


  
 Add in whole sausages.  Cover them all up with the sauce.



Cook on low for 6 hours.  If serving with pasta take sausage out and cut into 1 inch pieces.  Add sausage pieces back to the sauce and mix in the cooked pasta.   If serving as a sandwich leave sausage whole, place in bun,  and top with peppers and onions. 


Either way top with freshly grated parmesan cheese! 

Quote of the Day
Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before a meal. It's a way to live.  ~Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear

Cheers,
Shannon









1 comment:

  1. That does look and sound delicious alright. I'll cook up a batch ASAP and I bet (like you) people who eat it will be asking me for the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete