Tuesday, December 7, 2010

20 Minute Tacos

Share |

Help Delectalicious! grow. If you like this post and find it useful please pass it along using your favorite social media service. Each time you share this post you help others discover Delectalicious! I hope you enjoy your time here today. Thank you for supporting this site! ~Shannon




I'm alive! I've missed you!

Gosh it seems like forever since a new recipe has gone up on the blog!  The hustle and bustle of the holidays is officially here my friends.  Are your lives getting crazier by the day?  Is your shopping/wrapping done? Decorations up? Treats made? Travel plans in place?  House ready for guests?  I have to say I'm falling behind this year.  

AND to top it off the cold weather has arrived.   It's 28 friggin degrees right now.  And going down to 16 tonight!  Holy Smokes I just can't warm up lately. Unless of course it's 2:00 am and I'm on fire!  Hormones are a b...c! I'm sure you can fill in the blanks on that one {giggles and winks}.  

Well anyways with crazy days we all need a quick meal to put on the table.  These tacos are surprisingly simple and full of flavor without using a mix.  Now I'm not above using a taco mix, but this is a nice change from tacos with a ton of chili powder in them.  

Here's what you'll need:
1/4 cup finely diced bell pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Tex Mex spice (you will find the Tex Mex Spice about 1/2 way down the page)



Mix together the veggies and tex mex spice in a COLD skillet.


Place the meat on top of the veggie spice mixture in the COLD skillet.  Turn the burner on to a medium heat.  When the meat starts to simmer, stir and break up.  Simmer on low for 20 minutes stirring and breaking up the meat as needed.  I forgot to take the picture of the taco meat when it was done - opps {giggles}.  But, I'm sure you know what browned hamburger looks like.


While the meat is cooking make some mexican rice.  This is our all time favorite boxed mexican rice.  No others compare!  They don't even come close.  This is our opinion and not a paid advertisement.  Nueva Cocina has no idea we even exist!

This rice is as close to restaurant style that you're gonna get out of a box.  Trust me!


Put your favorite toppings on your tacos.  Plate it up and enjoy!



Cheers,
Shannon

1 comment: