Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rice Crispy Treats using Rice Chex

Share |

Help Delectalicious! grow. If you like this post and find it useful please pass it along using your favorite social media service. Each time you share this post you help others discover Delectalicious! I hope you enjoy your time here today. Thank you for supporting this site! ~Shannon


HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve celebration.  I can't believe the holiday season has come to an end!  However, that's a good thing for a girl with little self control around Chex Mix and sugary treats {giggles}.  

We spent the holiday visiting our families.  Which means eating and eating and eating!  We have all our favorite restaurants to go to.  My parents picked up dozens of our favorite cookies from Merrit's Bakery.  Lisa, Carroll, and I spent lot's of time in the kitchen making goodies. And of course I took home some new recipes to try.  And that doesn't even take into account the fantastic Christmas Eve dinner or the replay of Thanksgiving for Christmas Day dinner.  It was a food fest!  Right now I practically need to jump off the roof of the house and then lay down and hold my breath to get into my jeans.  


Here is one of the reasons my jeans are so tight.  The first restaurant we usually hit when we go home is Murphy's Steakhouse.  Murphy's for short.  A complete heart attack on a plate, but pure deliciousness!  If I had to choose my last meal this would be it.


I only order a salad to get this garlic dressing.  It's out of this world.  




I like it best on a cracker :-).



And this my friends is Murphy's Hot Hamburger.  With grilled onions and gravy over all!  This gravy is addictive!!



They start with toasted white bread slices, then layer on a hamburger patty, grilled onions,  fresh cut fries, and the best brown gravy you'll get anywhere in the world.  Yummmo!!



This place has been around for ever, and has not changed at all except for a little freshening up inside.  If you ever find yourself close to Bartlesville, OK you MUST stop here! 




Ok, enough rambling about Murphy's.  


So I've been cleaning out the fridge and the pantry to get ready for Monday.  What's Monday you ask?  Monday is the day I go back to eating more sensibly.  It's the day I get back to a regular exercise routine.  It's the first Monday of the New Year.  I can feel it in my bones, 2011 is going to be awesome!  

So when I was cleaning out the pantry I saw that I had left over Rice Chex cereal and marshmallows.  What can I make with these ingredients to finish them off?  I wonder if I could make Rice Crispy Treats?  Yes, I can.  They turned out even better that Rice Crispy Treats!   You know how traditional Rice Crispy Treats get hard after the first day?  Well these stayed soft for 3 days (there were no more left to eat at this point).  I couldn't believe it!  Gary even asked that I make Rice Crispy Treats like this from now on.  

Next time you make Rice Crispy Treats try this variation.  It's delicious!

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 12.8 box of Rice Chex Cereal
1 - 10 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows
4 tablespoons of butter

In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter. 


When melted add the marshmallows and stir to coat. 


Put bowl back in the microwave for about 2 minutes and melt the marshmallows.  Take the bowl out and stir mixture until smooth. 


Add in the Chex cereal and stir to coat.  Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.  Let stand until set.  


Cut into squares and devour!





















No comments:

Post a Comment